Thursday 26 March 2015

La Dolce Vita

Trying to keep a written diary is prooving extremely difficult so i'm relying on these blog posts to not only keep up to date but to remind my future self what I spent my 5 months in Milan doing, so here it goes…

I've had a bit of a roller coaster week (and a half considering it's already Thursday.) It went from being extremely quiet to busy to now quiet due to the departure of my Mother & Co.

We're starting to get a better feel for the lessons here at the Politecnico. We've chosen 4 courses;
Colour and Experimentation (Bachelors)
Fashion and Made in Italy (Masters)
Man's Blazer (Production and Design) (Bachelors)
Trend Forecasting Jewellery. (Masters)

The masters are luckily enough in English and therefore we're at a massive advantage, the Trend forecasting is so interesting and definitely a smart choice. However the Fashion and Made in Italy course is a little tricky. Our professor has a fascination with pretty much the only words he can say in English being Ferrari and Scenario (HE SAID IT 37 TIMES?! How is that humanly possible?!)
The colour class is extremely different to the typical Fashion classes we have in Birmingham however it's something new and I'm sure there will be a way to adapt our new learning's across to fashion? Right?

We finally embarked on our first night out in Milano visiting 'Hollywood' a typical underground bar/club. 10 euro entry with 3 drinks - you just can't go wrong! Italian men are a little bit creepy - words of wisdom, they act as if they have never seen blonde hair before. Standing at the bar waiting for a drink, I felt someone tugging on my hair, only to turn round and catch a guy peering at it as if its gold. Bloody weird - I walked away briskly as you can imagine.

My Mum and her school friends arrived Saturday lunchtime and before I could say Ciao we were already sipping on Prosecco and being offered free shots of Lemoncello (they're not alcoholics, it was just a really, really long flight …. )
A little tiddly we strolled on the Castello Sforzesco. Spending the next day showing them around the Duomo, Como Corso 10 and then for a very pleasant aperitivo in Navagili.
A couple of cocktails later and the gaggle of laughing women were playing a humming game at a bus stop drawing all attention to them (me and Jess looking at each other proclaiming we didn't know them…)
We FINALLY ventured up the Duomo - only being 7 euros to walk up about 200 steps seems a bargain for the beautiful view you receive when you reach the top. Walking on the actual roof of the cathedral is quite something - the views are breathtaking and I could honestly say I could stay up there for a good few hours without getting bored (or cold.)















Being surprised with Strawberries and Prosecco by Jess and Lian for getting a placement in NYC was the beginning of an incredibly memorable night, If this month is anything like the following months I have to come then be assured this is the best experience of my life to date.

Over and out.
S xx




No comments:

Post a Comment